Sunday, April 8, 2012

Pulling a Trail-A-Bike

Today, Kate and I went for a ride with the monkeys.  Instead of putting both kids in the trailer and having me pull it, Kate suggested that I pull our daughter on the trail-a-bike and she'd pull our son.  She's been riding trail-a-bikes in one form or another since she was 3 1/2 years old, so she knew what to do.  But it was the first time I tried it with the Sofrider.

I can definitely tell that my center of mass is lower down and therefore it takes more effort for me to counter-balance her movements.  But after a minute, it was just like I was used to doing on my upright bike.


After riding 8 1/2 miles, both my wife and daughter survived quite well.  It was a good start to the spring riding season for us.

As far as yesterday's tune-up went, the bike was definitely riding better with the exception of the rear derailleur which still needs some tweaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment